Nonfiction and Business Editing
Most of my business editing experience is included in the Brand and Campaign Management section of my portfolio. However, here are a few (still active) links to some of the work I’ve edited. Microsoft Word documents with Track Changes are available upon request.
- How to Perfect the Art of Strategic Partnerships (Eric Schaal for LeadsCon)
- Exciting Changes on Tap for George R. Bown Convention Center and Houston Convention District (John Egan for VisitHoustonTexas.com)
- Giving Your Signature Drink Some Authentic Texas Flavor (Nancy Mattia for IDoHou.com)
- From 19th Century Glamour to Classic Shakespeare: 9 of Boise’s Unique Event Venues (Barry Eitel for Boise.org)
- Your Guide for Menopause & Hot Flash Treatment Options (EmpowHER)
News and Magazine Editing
I’ve had the privilege of working for several print and online publications doing work ranging from line edits to copy edits to proofreading. I’ve also worked the news desk for a digital media company, which included choosing between submitted stories to balance breaking news and general interest stories, as well as assigning pieces to freelance writers to fill coverage gaps in hard news and interest gaps for series we were running.
- Under the Radar
- Free Press Houston
- Allvoices Landing Page
- ad:tech Digital Digest
When it comes to long-form editing, I’ve edited novels, nonfiction, novellas, and vignettes. This includes primarily developmental editing, copy editing, and proofreading. Most of these books have been self-published, one has been published through Amazon’s Kindle Scout program and a traditional publisher, and a couple are seeking publishers.
- Eddie and Sunny (Stacey Cochran) – published by Amazon Kindle Scout and Down & Out Books
- The Caregiver Series (Astrid Cruz)
- The Last Superhero (Astrid Cruz)
- Mountains Never Meet But God’s People Do (John Stephan) – self-published religious fiction
- From Dust to Diamonds – (John Stephan) self-published religious fiction
- Edgewise – novel, currently seeking publisher
- Untitled fiction – uncertain of author’s publishing plans (Nov. 2015)
- Political satire – self-published
- Middle-grade urban fantasy novel – currently seeking publisher